How much does spray foam insulation cost here in San Diego?
This is a common question that architects and home owners alike often ask. Here is the answer: It widely varies…
Basically the cost comes down to 5 factors:
- Material Type: There are a few different types of Spray Foam and each type has a different use: Mostly comes down to Open Cell and Closed Cell foam. Each has a different cost, with Closed Cell being the most expensive. We are lucky here in San Diego Ca our outside conditions are pretty dry so the cheaper open cell spray foam is typically what is recommended.
- Amount of Material Used: This is basic, we know that construction materials cost money and the more materials we use the more the project will cost. It will mostly come down to how much insulation you want to install (how thick) They thicker the insulation the higher the insulation value, but the more the project will cost
- Amount of Labor: This comes down to how much labor we use in installing the product. Larger area = more labor to install the product.
- Difficulty in Access and installation: Sometimes we have conditions that make it very difficult to install the Spray Foam Insulation in the attic. So this means the installation go slower than usual, this means our guys are on site longer = more labor costs. Or sometimes we have to bring in special equipment to reach all areas, or cut & replace access panels to reach portions. This is not often that we have to worry about this, but it is a problem that does come up once in a while.
- Additional work: Sometimes there is additional work required, such as; cleaning attic, taking out old insulation, fixing HVAC system, exposed wires.. we have seen some pretty crazy situations. Again these are very rare situations that come up, but they do happen and it is good to keep in mind.
If we want to get deeper into costs we can first address the cost of attic spray foam insulation. Again it is very hard to say exactly how much a project will cost, for example: Here in San Diego the cost to spray foam an attic can cost as little as $400 or it could go up to several thousands of dollars. One thing for sure and report after report have stated. It is cheap in comparison to the energy savings you will enjoy. Its amazing that up to 40% of your homes energy can escape through the attic alone. That is amazing.. Think about that. .. Say you are paying $100 a month on heating and cooling you could potentially lower that same monthly bill down to $60 a month, plus your heating and AC system will last longer due to it running less.
- Size of attic – This has the biggest impact on the price.
- Pitch of roof – This is the slope of the roof. The Steeper the roof the higher the cost since it has more deck square footage in turn using more material and labor.
- Access – If it is difficult to get into all areas of the attic, then it will take more time and labor.
- Stuff in Attic – Some times we can work around stored items in the attic, but we might have to move it around or remove & replace it to give us access to the entire attic area. Again this takes more labor.
- Removing old insulation – sometimes we have to remove the old existing insulation in the attic before we can install the new.
- Distance to your home – If we have to travel several hours to your home, then we have to charge a few extra dollars for fuel and time.
For the rest of the home it is basically the same factors that can have an impact on the price. For example: A new home build is easy, clean and usually has great access so they are by far the cheapest scenario. In existing home we have to mostly consider the following items:
- Access: Again how easy it is to access the areas that you the home owner wants to be insulated
- Size of Project: The larger the home or building the more material we are going to use and the more it will cost
- Demo: Do we have to demo any sheet rock or existing wall coverings to access the location where you want to install the insulation, then do you want us to put it back…
- Distance to your home from our yard: Again if we need to travel a long distance to get to your project then we have to charge a few additional dollars to cover added expenses.
Here are a few more of our San Diego Ca 92124 services if you want more information
Free No Obligation Instant Price Quotes
If you are looking for a quick price or hard quote please feel free to call any time. Many times we can look up your address on Google Maps to check distance and most of the time we can even see the style of your home’s roof & measure the roof SF on Google street view and give you a very close estimate right over the phone instantly. Then if you like the price and want a hard bid we can come out and look over your project and give you a solid price quote. Also if once we are there we can evaluate your homes overall energy efficiency and offer a few suggestions to help you save even more money and energy. Its amazing how just a few simple cheap fixes or changes can have a huge impact on your homes energy efficiency. In the end you can see that giving a price right here is very difficult, but with just a quick no obligation phone call we can answer any questions you have and give you a free quick price on your project. It honesty is no bother, we love the questions. Even if you are just looking to kick the tires (so to speak) and are not ready to pull the trigger on the project, we do not mind. Our hope is even if you do not use us today, maybe you will use us in the future or tell your neighbors about us. We are here to help and appreciate you even considering us.